- Customer Reviews (0)
Proceeds from this course are donated to Eastern Sierra Conservation Corps to help their members and crew leaders pay for wilderness medicine training.
Description: The best and most comprehensive course of its kind to offer relevant and realistic first-aid training for seasonal outdoor activities or short term wilderness endeavors and pursuits. The Wilderness First Aid course is a 16 hour introduction to general medical concepts and basic life support skills. It is targeted to the outdoor enthusiast on day trips or short adventures. The course is taught by professional instructors with significant patient care and backcountry experience.
Best Suited For:
- Any outdoor enthusiast that stays close to trailheads.
- Seasonal outdoor staff that works with others who have higher medical training.
- Great for members of the Eastern Sierra community.
- Patient Assessment System
- Adult & Pediatric CPR/AED
- Critical Systems
- Spinal/Head Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Wound Management
- Environmental Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
Duration: 16 Hours In-Person
Minimum/Maximum # Participants: 6 minimum, 30 maximum
Pre-Requisites: Must be at least 16 years old.
Course Fee: see class price list
Certification: Participants will earn certification in...
- "Wilderness First Aid & Adult / Pediatric CPR / AED" valid for 3 years (Wilderness Medical Associates)
- California State Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training Certificate valid for 2 years (Wilderness Medical Associates; eligible for state certification)
- Wilderness First Aid Guide
- SOAP Notebook
- The Outward Bound Wilderness First Aid Handbook
Renewing Certification: To renew this certification students must retake the WFA class by the end of the month of expiration.
Course Schedule: See calendar.