Wilderness First Responder/CPR (8 Day)
- Customer Reviews (0)
Description: The definitive wilderness course in medical training, leadership, and critical thinking for outdoor, low-resource, and remote professionals and leaders. The Wilderness First Responder curriculum is written in-house by a team of remote medical rescue researchers and professionals. Ongoing evidence based research and review contributes to a unique and innovative approach to patient care in backcountry and austere settings. The curriculum is comprehensive, complete, and kept current on an annual basis. This is the most current and cutting edge course of any first response medical training (urban or remote) in the world. It includes the essential principles and skills required to assess and manage medical problems in isolated and extreme environments for days and weeks if necessary.
Best Suited For:
- Disaster Relief Personnel and Volunteers
- Outdoor Educators
- Outdoor Guides
- Search and Rescue Personnel and Volunteers
- Anyone with the desire to develop skills beyond the Wilderness First Aid level
- The General Principles of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine with an emphasis on the prevention and identification of medical emergencies, appropriate technology, and risk management.
- Patient assessment and emergency care including CPR, basic Life support, and the emergency treatment of anaphylaxis and asthma.
- Environmental Medicine including altitude illness, hypothermia and heat illness, frostbite and cold injury, lightning, submersion, and environmental toxins.
- Backcountry Medicine including the assessment and treatment of common medical problems.
- Musculoskeletal Problems including unstable and stable injuries overuse syndromes, and dislocations.
- Wound management including open fractures, lacerations, burns and blisters.
- Practical skills including splinting, bandaging, litter packaging and medical kit preparation.
- WMA International Wilderness Protocols including wound cleaning and exploration, spine injury assessment, dislocation reduction, CPR in the remote setting, and anaphylaxis and asthma.
- Lifts and Carries
- EMS in the Wilderness
- Litter Packaging
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR
Duration: 70+ hours
- 7 Day Option (~10 hours of instruction/day)
- 8 Day Option (~8.5 hours of instruction/day)
- 9 Day Option (~ 8.5 hours of instruction/day; 4 days of class, 1 day off, 4 days of class)
Minimum/Maximum # Participants: 6 minimum, 30 maximum
Pre-Requisites: Must be at least 16 years old.
Course Fee: see class price list
￩￫$750.00The definitive wilderness course in medical training, leadership, and critical thinking for outdoor, low-resource, and remote professionals and leaders.
Click on course date in drop down menu below to view # of spots available.OUT OF STOCK$750.00OUT OF STOCKSuccessfully Added to your Shopping CartAdding to Cart...
Certification: Participants will earn certification in...
- "Wilderness First Responder/BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR" valid for 3 years (Wilderness Medical Associates)
- California State Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training Certificate valid for 2 years (Wilderness Medical Associates; eligible for state certification)
- 70 Hours of CAPCE CEU credit available
- Wilderness and Rescue Medicine: A Practical Guide for the Basic and Advanced Practictioner
- The Field Guide of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine
- Wilderness First Responder Class Note
- SOAP Notebook
Renewing Certification: Recertification can be earned at anytime during the three years following your course. Options include the Bridge (WAFA to WFR), Wilderness Advanced First Aid, or the Open Recertification course.
Course Schedule: See schedule.