Wilderness First Aid/CPR
- Customer Reviews (0)
Description: The best and most comprehensive course of its kind to offer relevant and realistic first-aid training for seasonal outdoor activities or short term wilderness endeavors and pursuits. Wilderness First Aid is a two-day introduction to general medical concepts and basic life support skills. It is targeted to the outdoor enthusiast on day trips or short adventures. The course is taught by professional instructors with significant patient care and backcountry experience.
Best Suited For:
- Any outdoor enthusiast
- Seasonal Outdoor Staff
- Great for members of the Eastern Sierra community.
- Patient Assessment System
- Adult CPR/AED
- Vital Systems and Shock
- Spinal/Head Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Wound Management
- Environmental Emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
Duration: 16 hours of instruction
Minimum/Maximum # Participants: 6 minimum, 30 maximum
Pre-Requisites: Must be at least 16 years old.
Course Fee: see class price list
￩￫$255.00The best and most comprehensive course of its kind to offer relevant and realistic first-aid training for seasonal outdoor activities or short term wilderness endeavors and pursuits.
Click on course date in drop down menu below to view # of spots available.
JUNE COURSE = FUNDRAISER FOR EASTERN SIERRA CONSERVATION CORPS! LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC!
MAY COURSE - PROFITS APPLIED TO FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY WILDERNESS PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP FUND!
Certification: Participants will earn certification in...
- "Wilderness First Aid/Adult CPR" valid for 3 years (Wilderness Medical Associates)
- California State Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training Certificate valid for 2 years (Wilderness Medical Associates; eligible for state certification)
- Wilderness First Aid Guide
- SOAP Notebook
- The Outward Bound Wilderness First Aid Handbook
Renewing Certification: To renew this certification students must retake the WFA class by the end of the month of expiration.
Course Schedule: See calendar.