Adult/Pediatric First Aid & CPR/AED
- Customer Reviews (0)
Description: BLE's Layperson First Aid/CPR/ AED program reflects the most current consensus on scientific recommendations and follows the curriculum provided by the American Health & Safety Institute (ASHI). The program content includes the knowledge and skills necessary for participants to safely identify and give appropriate care regardless of the type of emergency. The program stresses the basic steps to follow in any emergency, beginning with the most important step, the decision to act, and helps participants confront their fears of getting involved and giving care. It explains the emergency medical services (EMS) system, emphasizes the need for rapid medical assistance in an emergency, and provides instruction on appropriate care for a variety of injuries and sudden illnesses that lay responders may encounter in their workplaces, schools, communities, and homes specific to the Eastern Sierra. It is conducted in a blended learning format (online/classroom). Students watch lectures and take quizzes online at their own pace prior to the 5 hour classroom skills session.
Best Suited For:
- Mammoth Resorts Employees (except Ski Patrol and Day Care Personnel)
- All School District Personnel (except Day Care Personnel)
- Athletic Trainers
- Any layperson in the community
Attention Day Care Personnel: California State has strict rules on first aid/CPR training. If you need a Pediatric First Aid & CPR/AED class approved by the state please contact us to schedule a custom training for your group.
- Before Giving Care and Checking an Injured or Ill Person
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Cardiac Emergencies (Adult, Child, and Infant)
- CPR/AED (Adult, Child, and Infant)
- Breathing Emergencies (Adult, Child, and Infant) including Anaphylaxis/Epinephrine Auto-Injector and Asthma Inhaler Training
- Sudden Illness
- Environmental Emergencies
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Injuries to Muscles, Bones, and Joints
Duration: 5 Hours Classroom; Online Portion Varies (completed at students' pace)
Minimum/Maximum # Participants: 5 minimum, 30 maximum
Course Fee: see class price list
Certification: Participants will earn certification in...
- Adult/Pediatric First Aid and CPR/AED valid for 2 years
- First Aid/CPR Textbook (Digital Copy)
- BLE Curriculum Handouts
Renewing Certification: Retake this course every two years.
Challenging Course: Challenge this course by taking the skills and written assessment tests without attending a class and renew your card for another two years. Click on "challenge courses" tab.
Course Schedule: We often schedule this class during the evenings.
- Full Block Weekend: caters to students who wish to complete the classroom portion in one session on the weekend. Courses typically run from 8am-1pm or 1:30pm-6:30pm Saturday or Sunday.
- Evening Series Class: caters to students who work during the day and wish to complete the course in the evenings. The classroom session is split up over 2 evenings typically run from 6pm-8:30pm.
See calendar for upcoming classes.