EMR Challenge Course
- Customer Reviews (0)
Description: A comprehensive training course designed for today’s professional first responders. This hands-on, scenario-based training provides the skills you need to help sustain life, reduce pain, and minimize the consequences of injury or sudden illness until more advanced medical personnel take over. Exceeds EMS Educational Standards. Updated to reflect the latest science. This course is designed to prepare you to take the National Registry Exam for First Responder/EMR and helps to meet entry requirements for most fire technology and EMT programs.
Best Suited For:
- Mammoth Resorts Ski Patrol Employees
- Fire Department Personnel
- Police Department Personnel
- Search and Rescue Personnel/Volunteers
- U.S. Forest Service Personnel
- Any Professional Rescuer/Healthcare Provider
- Medical, Legal, Ethical Issues
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Patient Assessment
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Medical, Environment, Behavioral, and Trauma Emergencies
- Assistance with medications within EMR scope of practice
- EMS Operations
Duration: 80 hours (initial certification); 24 hours (renewing certification)
# Participants: 5 minimum, 20 maximum
Pre-Requisites: Minimum age = 18.
Course Tuition: see class price list
Certification: Participants will earn certification in the following...
- "Emergency Medical Response" (EMR) valid for 2 years
- "Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers" valid for 2 years
- Emergency Medical Response Textbook
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Handbook
- BLE Handouts
Renewing Certification: To renew this certification a 24 hour refresher course must be completed prior to the certification expiration date.
Challenging Course: Challenge this course by taking the skills and written assessment tests without attending a class and renew your card for another two years. Click "Challenge Courses" tab for more information.
Course Schedule: We currently only offer the general public the option to challenge this course.
See schedule for upcoming classes.