Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers Challenge Course
- Customer Reviews (0)
Challenge a course, take the test, and renew your card for another two years. Description: The purpose of a challenge course is to give individuals the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge and skill competency outside a formal class setting. Participants have sole responsibility for preparing for the knowledge and skill evaluation.
Duration: 1-4 Hours in Length (depends on course type)
Minimum/Maximum # Participants: 1 minimum, 5 maximum
- Anyone is eligible to participate in a challenge course.
- Individuals may participate in a challenge course once if they do not have a current certification issued by the American Red Cross or American Health & Safety Institute. If they do not pass the challenge course, they must take the full course.
- Individuals who hold a current American Red Cross or American Health & Safety Institute certificate may take the challenge course as often as the challenge courses are available and as long as their certificate remains valid.
Course Fee: see class price list Certification:
- Successful completion of the challenge and you will receive your certificate valid for two years from date of issue.
Course Schedule: Once purchased, we will contact you to set up a date and time. We will do our best to schedule 2-5 students at the same time so that students can take advantage of the discounted rate. Other Information:
- Participants will receive an electronic copy of the manual (if available) and skill assessment sheets (PDF) at registration in order to review the material prior to the challenge date.
- Participants must come to class prepared to demonstrate the basic skills and knowledge required for the course. This will not be taught.
- Written (must pass with a minimum score of 80%)
- Skills Practical (must complete with no critical fails)
- Participants must bring the signed Course Agreement when they arrive for testing.
- Challenge course fees are paid in advance. There are no refunds for failing to pass the course or failure to attend the scheduled assessment.
- Courses that can be challenged/estimated testing time:
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers - 1.5 Hours
- Emergency Medical Response (EMR) - 4 Hours
- Note: Also includes Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers