Wilderness First Responder/CPR (5 Day Option)
- Customer Reviews (0)
We are not accepting payment for courses. If you wish to put your name on the list please email us.
Description: The 5-day WFR is designed for motivated professionals who seek/require top-notched WFR training, but have only limited time they can be away from work or home. It is not for everyone. For most, the standard 8-day version is a better choice. The 5-day WFR is a full 70 hour WFR class made up of pre-course work (minimum 25 hours) and face-to-face on-site training and practice (45 hours) with our well-qualified instructional staff. Students must register at least 2 weeks before the course date. All students must complete all pre-course work by the posted deadline. By signing up for this course you are confirming that you are at least 18 years old, that you have reviewed the "Wilderness First Responder Hybrid vs Traditional Format" information page, have the time & technological capability to complete the pre-course work (due 1 week prior to course start date), and believe this course is the right fit for you!
Best Suited For:
- Disaster Relief Personnel and Volunteers
- Outdoor Educators
- Outdoor Guides
- Search and Rescue Personnel and Volunteers
- Anyone with the desire to develop skills beyond the Wilderness First Aid level
- The General Principles of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine with an emphasis on the prevention and identification of medical emergencies, appropriate technology, and risk management.
- Patient assessment and emergency care including CPR, basic Life support, and the emergency treatment of anaphylaxis and asthma.
- Environmental Medicine including altitude illness, hypothermia and heat illness, frostbite and cold injury, lightning, submersion, and environmental toxins.
- Backcountry Medicine including the assessment and treatment of common medical problems.
- Musculoskeletal Problems including unstable and stable injuries overuse syndromes, and dislocations.
- Wound management including open fractures, lacerations, burns and blisters.
- Practical skills including splinting, bandaging, litter packaging and medical kit preparation.
- WMA International Wilderness Protocols including wound cleaning and exploration, spine injury assessment, dislocation reduction, CPR in the remote setting, and anaphylaxis and asthma.
- Lifts and Carries
- EMS in the Wilderness
- Litter Packaging
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers CPR
Duration: 25+ hours pre-course work; 45+ hours classroom
Minimum/Maximum # Participants: 6 minimum, 21 maximum
Pre-Requisites: Must be at least 18 years old. Learn well in a self directed study and a fast paced on-site training environment.
Course Fee: see class price list
￩￫$725.00The Wilderness Medicine Program is one that trains and certifies people to cope with wilderness hazards and emergencies. This course is geared towards the outdoor professional and search and rescue volunteer.
Click on course date in drop down menu below to view # of spots available.
By signing up for this course you are confirming that you are at least 18 years old, that you have reviewed the "Wilderness First Responder Hybrid vs Traditional Format" information page (link in description below), have the time & technological capability to complete the pre-course work (due 1 week prior to course start date), and believe this course is the right fit for you!
REGISTRATION CLOSES TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE START DATE TO ALLOW TIME FOR PRE-COURSE WORK COMPLETION!
THIS COURSE TENDS TO FULLY ENROLL 4-6 WEEKS PRIOR TO START DATE!
We are not accepting payment for courses. If you wish to put your name on the list please email us.OUT OF STOCK$725.00OUT OF STOCKSuccessfully Added to your Shopping CartAdding to Cart...
Certification: Participants will earn certification in...
- "Wilderness First Responder/BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR" valid for 3 years (Wilderness Medical Associates)
- California State Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training Certificate valid for 2 years (Wilderness Medical Associates; eligible for state certification)
- 70 Hours of CAPCE CEU credit available
- Wilderness and Rescue Medicine: A Practical Guide for the Basic and Advanced Practictioner
- The Field Guide of Wilderness and Rescue Medicine
- Wilderness First Responder Class Note
- SOAP Notebook
Renewing Certification: Recertification can be earned at anytime during the three years following your course. Options include the Bridge (WAFA to WFR), Wilderness Advanced First Aid, or the Open Recertification course.
Course Schedule: See schedule.