Join us for our FREE remote learning seminars.
Science experiments and activities fun for pre-school thru middle school that can be done at home. Instruction is differentiated for various age groups.
Join Us Live!
Register in our online store. All information is kept confidential and used to send out private Zoom invites for each live seminar as well as a list of needed supplies. A password protected downloadable file with Zoom information, a materials list, and activity worksheets will be provided upon registration. Maximum Participants = 98.
Experiment On Your Own!
Missed out on the live seminar? Check out our K-12 Education Blog for our seminar activities and do them on your own. We will be posting videos, how-to-instructions, and activity worksheets after the seminar date.
By participating in this seminar, you understand the following:
- Parents must supervise their children. The amount of supervision will be based on the type of activity and the age of the student. Some activities utilize kitchen tools, stove, and oven.
- While most materials can be found at home, some may need to be purchased (i.e. food items you may not have on hand). I will do my best to come up with activities using things that are commonly found at home.
- These activities are not a part of your child’s school curriculum. If it is part of the curriculum, it will be done in a separate session with their classmates and teacher.
- Please allow the space for your child to safely participate in these activities. Try not to intervene unless necessary due to safety concerns. Science experiments are likely to be messy. Find a place that allows this (i.e. kitchen or outside).
Brigitte Denton is willing to run a seminar for classes in the Mammoth Unified School District. She is able to accommodate up to 3-5 sessions per week (will depend on her work schedule). If you would like to schedule a seminar please email officeatbeyondlimitsedu.com (replace “at” with @) with the seminar name, dates/times that work for you, and grade level. Please note the following:
- Teachers will be expected to send a Zoom invite to Brigitte for the scheduled date/time.
- Teachers must be present for entire lesson.
- Teachers are expected to help moderate the class.
Teachers are welcome and encouraged to join the public seminar (Tuesdays 2pm) or a colleague’s science class to audit a science lesson in action.
Teachers may also wish to team up their classes and schedule a joint session. Utilizing breakout rooms, which can be setup ahead of time, allows teachers to moderate their individual classes.
Check out our calendar page for upcoming seminars available to the public.