Adult/Pediatric First Aid & CPR/AED
- Customer Reviews (0)
BLE’s Layperson First Aid/CPR/ AED program reflects the most current consensus on scientific recommendations and follows the curriculum provided by the American Red Cross. The program content includes the knowledge and skills necessary for participants to safely identify and give appropriate care regardless of the type of emergency. The program stresses the basic steps to follow in any emergency, beginning with the most important step, the decision to act, and helps participants confront their fears of getting involved and giving care. It explains the emergency medical services (EMS) system, emphasizes the need for rapid medical assistance in an emergency, and provides instruction on appropriate care for a variety of injuries and sudden illnesses that lay responders may encounter in their workplaces, schools, communities, and homes specific to the Eastern Sierra. It is conducted in a blended learning format (online/classroom). Students watch lectures, take online quizzes, and complete an interactive skill module online at their own pace prior to the 4 hour classroom skills session. This course offering combines four different American Red Cross courses into one class (valued at $195; our cost = $125): Adult/Pediatric First Aid and CPR/AED, Bloodborne Pathogens Training, Anaphylaxis/Epinephrine Auto Injector Training, and Asthma Inhaler Training.
Best Suited For:
- Mammoth Resorts Employees (except Ski Patrol)
- All School District Personnel
- Daycare Personnel
- Athletic Trainers
- Any layperson in the community
- Before Giving Care and Checking an Injured or Ill Person
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Cardiac Emergencies (Adult, Child, and Infant)
- CPR/AED (Adult, Child, and Infant)
- Breathing Emergencies (Adult, Child, and Infant) including Anaphylaxis/Epinephrine Auto-Injector and Asthma Inhaler Training
- Sudden Illness
- Environmental Emergencies
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Injuries to Muscles, Bones, and Joints
Duration: 4 Hours Classroom; Online Portion Varies (completed at students’ pace)
Minimum/Maximum # Participants: 5 minimum, 30 maximum
Course Fee: see class price list
Certification: Participants will earn certification in…
- “Adult/Pediatric First Aid and CPR/AED with Asthma Inhaler and Anaphylaxis/Epinephrine Auto-Injector” valid for 2 years
- “Bloodborne Pathogens” valid for 1 year
- First Aid/CPR Handbook (Digital Copy)
- BLE Curriculum Handouts
Renewing Certification: To renew this certification this course must be completed prior to the certification expiration date.
Course Schedule: We often schedule this class during the evenings.
- Full Block Weekend: caters to students who wish to complete the classroom portion in one session on the weekend. Courses typically run from 8am-12pm or 1pm-5pm Saturday or Sunday.
- Evening Series Class: caters to students who work during the day and wish to complete the course in the evenings. The classroom session is split up over 2 evenings typically run from 6pm-8pm.
See schedule for upcoming classes.