Dr. Bourne monitors BLE’s first aid/CPR program specifically the continuing education courses for professional rescuers.
Dr. Bourne is a native of Mammoth Lakes. She grew up swimming, playing soccer, and ski racing, the latter which she competed at a national level in high school. Academics and a desire to become a physician took her to San Diego, Los Angeles, and then Tucson, AZ. She returned to Mammoth as an emergency physician and to enjoy the mountain community and lifestyle. She has participated in multiple medical and surgical missions to Mexico, Nepal and the Philippines and disaster/typhoon relief in the Philippines and Fiji. Dr. Bourne enjoys backcountry skiing, hiking/mountaineering, travel, and spending time with her husband and infant son.
- Emergency Department Director, Eastern Sierra Emergency Physicians/NIH (2017-present)
- Emergency Physician, Mammoth Hospital (2015-present)
- Emergency Physician, Northern Inyo Hospital (2013-present)
- Emergency Physician, Pinnacle Emergency Physicians (2013)
- Co-Founding Director, Mammoth Medical Missions (2012- 2016)
- Training and deploying fast-and-light medical teams to austere environments and underserved populations. www.mammothmedicalmissions.org
- University of Arizona/University Medical Center, Tucson, AZ
Residency in Emergency Medicine, July 2010-June 2013.
- Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA. Doctor of Medicine, May 2010.
- University of California San Diego
La Jolla, CA. Bachelor of Science, magna cum laude. Major in Biochemistry and Cell Biology, June 2005.
- University of the Basque Country
San Sebastián, Spain. University Study Abroad Consortium, Spanish Language Study Abroad Program. August 2003-May 2004.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- California State Medical License
- Current Provider: ACLS